Hey the holidays are upon us which means food, fun and merriment for those inclined! And… thankfully presents; for those you love and for yourself as well (don’t hide it… it’s fun to buy presents for yourself too). Well there is no better gift that the gift of knowledge neatly bound within the covers of a book. Most of us don’t need another sweater or ornament to place on our coffee table. But we can all use some motivating new ideas!
Whether you are looking for yourself or someone dear to you, here are a list of five hot new books I recommend to help get ahead in a career:
- The Naked Presenter – Delivering Powerful Presentations With or Without Slides by Garr Reynolds.
- Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences by Nancy Duarte.
- Making Ideas Happen – Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality by Scott Belsky.
- Me 2.0, Revised and Updated Edition: 4 Steps to Building Your Future by Dan Schawbel.
- Louder Than Words: Take Your Career from Average to Exceptional with the Hidden Power of Nonverbal Intelligence by Joe Navarro.
I will also throw another new book in here which is not career related, but I found it a fascinating read for anyone that is interested in understanding how our brains develop as children. This book was written for parents, but the explanations are relevant for anyone interested in understanding how our brains tick. If you like it, check out his first book too, it’s amazing.
Have any books of your own to suggest? Drop them in the comments.